Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just talk about food


OLDTOWN
1. OLDTOWN Kari Mee
Spicy food won't be my 1st choice when i was ordering my food unless i have a sudden craving on it. OLDTOWN had changed its menu, offering more variety of foods with improved taste. Its kari mee might not be the best yet it should able to satisfy your appertite.
2. OLDTOWN Har Mee
Penanginese might criticise the taste but frankly speaking, the food appearance looked much more attractive and tasted better than before, especially the soup became much flavourful.
3. OLDTOWN Nasi Lemak
My mummy's favorite. Tangy santan rice with sweet-spicy sambal, fried groundnuts and ikan bilis, some timun slices and a piece of boneless chicken fillet. In fact, i didn't actually try it before although it is OLDTOWN signatured menu. It reminds me that i quite a long time didn't accompany mummy to have breakfast in OLDTOWN.
4.OLDTOWN Thick Bread with BlueBerry purees
No doubt, this is absolutely my liking. Slightly sweet BlueBerry purees topped on the thick soft bread, my source of happiness. (Grin)
5. OLDTOWN Jawa Mee
I don't like yellow mee, thus i changed it into meehoon. Tried my 1st Jawa Mee at the noodle stall near to my living place. OLDTOWN's jawa mee was different with that, in the sense of its gravy which was not that tomatoes-lish, thus less sourish and less thickening too. Overall, not bad.
6. OLDTOWN hot Chocolate and Milk-tea
I like hot chocolate especially during cold rainy days. Chocolate is well-known as a good mood booster due to its flavonoid content. Had my 1st glass of milk-tea at KimGarey, once tried, totally in love with it. So far, mostly the milk-tea i tried before tasted good, including this offered by OLDTOWN.
Rich Pappa
1. Kuey teow with fried Fucok
A bit plain but matched to my preference looking for light and less-oily menu. By the way, the fried fucok was nice, spongy and fragrant. Needless to say, fried food always taste good.
2. Rich Pappa's Cendol
I had not try it but it was recommended by a friend. In fact, i prefer those sold at small hawker stall by the Indians, cheaper and tasted good.
3. Rich Pappa's Nasi Lemak
I also had not try it but according to my friend, it totally couldn't fight with OLDTOWN. So, remember to make your choice wisely when you are searching for NASI LEMAK.
SUBWAY
1. Honey oat bread with seafood and crab
This was the 2nd time i tried SUBWAY, still in love with it. This time, my combination was honey oat bread, the bread texture was a bit harder than other bread options but still match to my liking because it was BREAD. (haha) My filling was the saturday's specialty seafood and crab with mustard and chili as my sauces. A bit disappointed with the sauces but overall it was still tasted good. Looking for another combination when hagging out with friends next time.
RESTORAN SYED HUSSEIN
1. Mamak Mee
I seldom try mamak food. My 1st try of mamak mee was introduced by my bro a few years ago at a mamak stall in my hometown. It was always signatured with its spicyness, blackish springy noodles and fragrant wok-scent.
RESTORAN FUNG-HUANG
1. Char-siew Wanton Mee
Heard that the wanton mee was not bad, thus had it with friend as breakfast few days ago. Thumb-up. The black soy sauce matched perfectly with the egg-based noodles and the soul of the noodle, the char-siew was heavenly good. Roasted crusty outer skin layer with juicy tender inner meat. (yumyum)
PAVILION IPOH FOOD STALL
1.Home-made Popiah
I like to eat popiah, still remember last time when i was small, often visted to aunty's house during weekend to have popiah feast. Applied lots of redish sweet sauce on the popiah skin then wrapped it with lots of taugeh, sengkuang, taugua, lettuces, egg-slices, spring onion and groundnuts. Stuffed my little tummy for three of it each time. This stall's popiah ingredients were quite similar to the ingredients i mentioned but it filled up with glutinious rice, was a bit special for me.
Specially thanks to Dr Poh, LinHui, CK, Lydia, Jack for the accompanion and treats.

1 comment:

  1. 1 Nasi lemak with ayam rendang + 1 hot chocolate= a MUST for me in any oldtown. Just crave for this perfect combination :)

    ReplyDelete