Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Restoran Kee V @ Kajang

Last Sunday, after I finished my ISAK recorder job, I joined Ken and Johnson for dinner. Since Ken was not feeling well, Johnson was urged to drive Ken’s car and I was told to have “spicy soup” (translated directly from Chinese words) as our dinner. I totally had no idea where we were heading to until we reached the destination.

Tang~Tang~Tang~Tang. This was the restaurant RESTORAN KEE V.

Crowded with People. I guessed they able to convince you that the food shouldn’t taste too bad.

Fried Mini Spring Rolls. Crispy spring roll skin wrapped fully with fish paste, sengkuang, carrot and celery. I liked it because it was made up with fresh fish paste instead of pork meat.

Lettuces. Lightly stir-fried lettuce with oyster sauce and fried flavorful chopped garlic. I supposed it was the common veg-dish which usually ordered by the guys.
Clay-pot Hot-explosive Pork Bellies. Basically this dish was consisted of pork bellies cooked with thick and thin soy sauces, dried chilies, dried shrimps, peppers, onions and topped with some shallot leaves. All these ingredients contributed to its hotness and slightly spiciness tastes. Johnson and I rather preferred this than the clay-pot salty fish pork bellies because it was more flavorful than that. In brief, it tasted great.
Clay-pot Salty Fish Pork Bellies. This dish tasted quite similar to the clay-pot hot-explosive pork bellies but it was not spicy. The salty fish replaced the dried shrimps to give flavor to this dish. This dish was more suited to Ken’s liking as he couldn’t stand with the spicy food.
Spicy Soup. This was the signature dish of the restaurant. As being told by its name, the soup was hot and spicy because the main ingredients of the soup were gingers and peppers together with pork ribs, chicken bones, chicken ribs, intestines and pork bellies. We ordered needle mushrooms as extra add-on and they went well with the soup. The soup gave a sense of warmth to my tummy and left the hotness taste in my buds. It was fantastic.

Johnson. By just looking at his appearance, I really couldn’t know that he is 4 years elder than me. Maybe I should ask him about his secret of keeping himself to stay young.
Kennex. The poor guy who had been suffering for nausea and bloating for 2 weeks. Hopefully he will fully recover soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment